Map description Edit
The map has a central dome acting as the main arena. This octagon contains a death pit, with a small wood bridge with a Quad Damage in the middle. This wood bridge is wide enough to allow players to walk over it, yet it's so narrow that the slight push by way of a hit or splash damage is enough to throw players to the pit. There's a set of pillars which act as both cover and lighting provider. There's also an upper floor, sustained by these pillars.
At the East and West sides, there's a chambers with a set of teleporters, going from the lower floor to the upper floor and viceversa. Each of these chambers have also a ramp which starts from the lower floor all the way up to the upper floor in the main arena.
Weapons and items Edit
|Ammo: 2x below the South upper balcony in the Dome. 2x in the North upper balcony, right after the Northeast and Northwest entrances to the upper level.|
| Weapon: 1x each at the North and South upper balconies.|
Ammo: 2x alongside the Bullets below the South upper balcony. 2x alongside the Bullets in the North upper balcony.
| Weapon: 1x each at the East and West upper balconies.|
Ammo: 2x in the South upper balcony, right after the Northeast and Northwest entrances to the upper level. 2x below the North upper balcony in the Dome.
| Weapon: 1x each below the North and South upper balconies.|
Ammo: 2x alongside the LG Ammo below the South upper balcony. 2x alongside the LG Ammo in the North upper balcony.
|+50 Health||4||1x each at the passages uniting the lower level teleporter chambers with the upper level balcoy in the Dome.|
|Armor Shard||10|| 5x below the South upper balcony in the Dome.|
5x below the North upper balcony in the Dome.
|Quad Damage||1||1x at the wood bridge.|
Tactics and strategy Edit
- Be aware of players which try to reach the Quad on foot, and get your Railgun ready for pushing them to the pit.
- Rocket jumping in this map allows the players to reach many destinations a lot faster than on foot, especially when trying to get from the upper level to the lower one.
Single-player walkthrough Edit
|<< Previous (Maps/dm6ish)||0.8.8 SP||(Maps/oa_koth1) Next >>|
- The map is inspired by the Morbias series of maps for the Unreal series, originally by Thomas Elliott "Myscha" Cannon; with additional inspiration from DM-Gael and DM-Leviathan, made originally for Unreal Tournament 2004 by James Schmalz.
- The original name of the map was am_gaelevish. Both names (gaelevish and galmevish) are derivated from it's sources: DM-Gael, DM-Morbias and DM-Leviathan.
- galmevish2 is a direct replacement for the original am_galmevish. This has to do because the original map was one of the very first maps of its author, and as such, it had very bad brushwork and bad mapping practices were shown across the entire map. This second version aims to fix many of the problems of its predecessor.
- Like many of Neon_Knight's maps, the am_ at the beginning of the filenamen belongs to his old nickname, "Armageddon_Man".
See also Edit
|aggressor • am_galmevish2 • am_lavaarena • am_spacecont • am_underworks2 • blitzkrieg3 • ce1m7 • czest1dm • czest1tourney • dm6ish • kaos2 • mlca1 • oa_dm1 • oa_dm2 • oa_dm3 • oa_dm4 • oa_dm5 • oa_dm7 • oa_koth1 • oa_koth2 • oa_minia • oa_pvomit • oa_rpg3dm2 • oa_shine • oa_shouse • pul1duel-oa • pxlfan • sleekgrinder • slimefac • suspended • wrackdm17|