Mod name: AfterShock
Also known as: oaUnofficial, Aftershock, AS
Instructions to make it work: There are two options to make it work: Download all appropriate files from Aftershock Downloads page or connect to Aftershock server and OpenArena will do download for you. See Installation section
|Works||Mod Version||OA Version||Notes||Operating System|
|Yes||rev 155||0.8.5||Mod works without problems.||All|
|Probably||rev 155||0.8.1||Mod works without problems.||All|
AfterShock, in the past known as oaUnofficial, is GPLv2 open-source mod for OpenArena, that focuses on competitive gaming. It includes a lot of features, like detailed scoreboards, new weapon effects and some extra variables, like the ability to select a specific player model to be applied to the enemy team only, and to change its colors ("brightskins" to make seeing enemies easier). It has got a modified and customizable HUD, a "ready/notready" system during warmup (match begins only when enough players are "ready") and the clan arena gametype is more improved than the original. It features reduced-damage railgun and lightningun (enabled or disabled via cvars).
AfterShock aims to become a standalone game sometimes in future.
A fork of the mod is AfterShock XE.
Download Aftershock revision 155 and texture pack v1.00 and 1.02 and put them in your OpenArena folder.
You can connect to a server and automaticaly (cl_allowdownload 1) download Aftershock. Here are few working Aftershock servers:
Others are listed at Aftershock servers page
- Some user mentioned that in case you encounter a problem of the game closing when you try to play Aftershock, you may try to fix it by starting the game with +set com_zoneMegs 48 parameter from OS command line.
- AfterShock official site (Internet Archive)
- AfterShock Frequently Asked Questions page on official site
- AfterShock wiki site
- How to use brightskins on AfterShock wiki site
- Server settings on AfterShock wiki site
- oaUnofficial (AfterShock) on Google code
- Aftershock servers page
- oaUnofficial (AfterShock) on github
- AfterShock XE fork on github